Saturday, March 18, 2006

Site Visit

I'm off to Cardiff today so I will visit the site to get a feel of the next 15 years worth of work :)

I've also started to chop up the cemetary into more manageable chunks by using Google Earth's satellite imagery. This seems like a good way to go as I can easily identify the natural boundaries to sections (ie., paths, walls, trees etc).

I'll post the data file online sometime this weekend when I finish it. Anyone wanting to see the sections / volunteer to transcribe on etc should get Google Earth installed. It's free and is an amazing bit of technology. For those who don't want or can't run Google Earth I'll post some static image files showing the areas.

There are also some interesting posts/ideas on the GLA mailing list so I'll grab them and re-post them here.

Cheers
Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home